Randall experienced his first Krav Maga training when attending an 8 hour seminar taught by Krav Maga Worldwide™ chief instructor Darren Levine and lead instructor John Whitman in Seattle, Washington in 1999. He was so impressed with the effectiveness of the system that he wanted to learn more but there were no Krav Maga schools where he lived in Oregon. So he decided to purchase the entire Krav Maga Worldwide™ instructional video set and learn as much as possible on his own. He integrated the techniques into his current martial arts training as well as cross-training for the martial arts students he taught. The feedback from his students in regards to the Krav Maga techniques was overwhelmingly positive!
In 2001, he became a Krav Maga Worldwide™ licensee. That year he completed and passed his first level of instructor training in Jacksonville, Florida and has taught Krav Maga classes ever since. He has continued to train through the higher levels of instructor training at various locations throughout the country, including the Krav Maga Worldwide™ National Training Center in Los Angeles, California. He is currently qualified to teach Levels 1 through 5 of the Krav Maga Worldwide™ curriculum.
He has the following Martial Arts and Fitness background:
- Krav Maga Worldwide™ black belt, certified instructor (Expert V), and licensee since 2001
- Martial Arts – full time instructor since 1994, training experience since 1982
- Taekwondo – 4th degree black belt
- American Kenpo Karate – 2nd degree black belt
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu – blue belt
- Mixed Martial Arts – Trained/Cornered amateur and professional MMA fighters
- Completed all three levels (I, II, and III) of the Muscle Balance and Function® (MBF®) education system
- Has cross-trained in Kickboxing and Wrestling